Monday, December 2, 2013

Jessica Hart- The Marvel Phenom

Marvel Comics has become a household name and earned billions of dollars in revenue over the past decade. From the hit movie Iron Man to the new Marvel Agents of Shield tv show, Marvel is now a pop culture phenomenon. Originally targeting men 18-24, Marvel Comics now appeals to men and women of all ages. I plan to focus on how functionalist and symbolic interactionists perspectives play a role in the growth and sustainment of this phenomenon.

5 comments:

  1. I plan on doing the same type of thing but with Lord of the Rings. Do you think you will use the critical perspective at all? I think I will use it to discuss the mass production and all the advertisements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm interested in seeing how you pul this of cause there's a variety of marvel books, movies, and characters you can look into. good luck getting everything done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and this is edward boadi by the way

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I was thinking about choosing one particular franchise, like Spiderman...but now I think I'm going to instead focus on the way women are portrayed in comics. I'm not even sure I'll stick specifically with Marvel when talking about female characters.

      Jessica Hart

      Delete