Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Brittany Burke "The Walking Dead"



"The Walking Dead" is one of the biggest things on television right now.  It was adapted from the comic book by Robert Kirkman and has become television's most-watched prime-time drama. The recent season four's premiere attracted almost 16.1 million viewers.  This series has also been renewed for a fifth season as stated by Charlie Collier, AMC president.  He also stated that "The Walking Dead" is expanding a base of passionate fans and has grown every season. 




In my paper I will sociologically relate this series to capitalism.  Theses zombies heartlessly eat human beings, without knowing what they are doing, just like in capitalism when things are pursued for profit for ones won benefit.  These zombies obtain food by eating the other human beings.  The zombies have taken over Atlanta, and other areas ranging from cities to farmland to the middle of no where.  This also shows a sense of capitalism because in need to expand, people are being exploited to sustain.  This is just an overview of what  I will discuss in my paper, through further research.


                                           

6 comments:

  1. I really should start watching this show, now im more interested than before --- William Gandia III

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen the show but I have read some of the comic and I really enjoyed it. I actually own the first collected edition of the comic. I can let you borrow it if you want to compare it to the show. It might be useful for your paper.--- Paul Perry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am almost done with my paper but thank you for your offer that would have been really interesting to do! Thank you,
    --Brittany Burke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I never would've thought to take the perspective that you have. Your paper sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I was skeptical about this highly talked about show, I think you may have convinced me to give it a chance! I also like how you plan on using you concept in reference to this show.

    -Britney Jordan

    ReplyDelete