Friday, November 29, 2013

Nico Ortiz

This is a trailer of the last movie made from the Godzilla franchize, called Godzilla: Final Wars (2004). Godzilla is one of the most easily recognized symbols of Japanese popular culture. It had reached a level of global popularity at one point that the popular culture of other countries, such as ours, included movies, toys, commercials, and books from the Godzilla franchize. In my paper, I plan to discuss the significance that this franchize has had in the popular culture of Japan.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nico,

    Looks like you and I had similar topics in mind. I intend on writing about Pacific Rim, more specifically Giant Mecha/Monster fiction in American film and it's significance in Japan. Inevitably I will be discussing Godzilla at one point. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only student in our class who is fascinated by such films and Japanese culture! Perhaps we can brain storm ideas for our research or something. Anyways, I'm stoked to know that you're writing about Godzilla, and having worked with you on that video project last semester, I know you will write a strong sociological paper.

    Best,
    Dylan Smith

    ReplyDelete